If you use Hootsuite to schedule any of your posts or monitor your social platforms, be aware that they have made some changes to the drafts option. Once you have imported all of your previous drafts, using the saved drafts function is just a bit different. Watch the video below or follow these directions:
- In the left dashboard menu, select Publisher, then Drafts.
- Sort or filter your drafts by selecting a specific profile.
- If you don’t want to keep a draft, delete it with the X.
- Select the draft you want by clicking the pencil, you can edit it or add additional platforms like normal.
- Send it now, or schedule a date for the post. At this time, the Auto-Schedule feature doesn’t work with the drafts.
- To save the draft for future use, check the box at the bottom right to “Retain copy of draft message.”
- Either X the top right corner to close or “Clear” the compose box.
Watch this video.
What I like about this new option is you can sort by platform. Since I manage multiple business profiles, I can select the company for which I want to post and see all of the drafts that are available. This also allows an easier way to edit and save drafts. One thing I don’t like is the lack of the auto-schedule feature. That could change. Another thing I don’t like is I can’t see when I have other things scheduled when I am making the post. I will have to do some mental note taking or paper note taking to make sure I am not doubling up on a scheduled time.
If you want to read all of the details check this article.